Book tickets to the ArcelorMittal Orbit
The ArcelorMittal Orbit is the UK’s tallest sculpture, standing at 114.5 metres tall and providing a breath-taking view of London up to 20 miles into the distance including Canary Wharf, O2, The Gherkin, The Shard, The Walkie Talkie, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Alexandra Palace and out to Wembley Stadium. After enjoying the amazing views you will have a thrilling alternative to the stairs or the lift: The Slide. Measuring 178m, The Slide at The ArcelorMittal Orbit is the world’s tallest and longest tunnel slide. You will travel down the UK’s tallest public artwork through light and dark sections as London’s dramatic skyscape passes by. The Slide twists and turns 12 times, including a tight corkscrew section and ends with a 50 metre straight run to the ground. In the exhilarating 40-second trip, riders are expected to hit speeds of up to 15 miles per hour.
· The Slide is 178m long and 76m high, and will twist and turn 12 times including a tight corkscrew section named the ‘bettfeder’ – after the German word for ‘bedspring’
· The Slide ends with a 50 metre straight run to the ground. In the exhilarating 40-second trip, riders are expected to hit speeds of up to 15 miles per hour
· The Slide is the world’s tallest and longest tunnel slide.
· The Slide is made from 800mm diameter, 3mm thick stainless steel tubes that make up 30 sections. People will be able to see out through polycarbonate ‘windows’ for some of the Slide.
Riders are expected to hit speeds of up to 15 miles per hour.
In order to gain entry you must present a printed copy of your voucher.
The Slide Terms & Conditions:
1. Visitors using The Slide must…..
· Be at least 1.3m in height and at least 8 years old
· Weigh under 130kg (22 stone)
· Seek medical advice if they have pre-existing medical conditions
· Use the mat provided and travel feet first
· Hold handle with both hands
· Keep arms and elbows close to the body
· Not use The Slide without staff supervision
· Not attempt to break or stop during their journey
· Not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
· Not wear loose clothing, large jewelry or inappropriate footwear
· Not carry bags or other large belongings
· Exit The Slide immediately when they reach the end
2. More than one person sliding at a time is not permitted
3. The use of personal go-pros, cameras, phones, other electronic devices and unofficial recording equipment on The Slide are not permitted.
4. If they have a heart condition, back or neck injuries, claustrophobia, vertigo, epilepsy, if they are pregnant or if they have any condition that prevents them from following all of the safety rules and guidelines, they must not ride The Slide.
5. All materials used to enhance speed are strictly prohibited
6. Each ticket is valid for one use of The Slide only.
7. Visitors who are disabled or who require adaptions to accommodate any additional needs are asked to contact the ArcelorMittal Orbit prior to booking.
8. Visitors must follow the instruction of the ArcelorMittal Orbit staff at all time. They refuse the right to refuse entry of The Slide for operational or health & safety reasons.
Visitors must present a printed voucher in order to gain access to the ArcelorMittal Orbit